MAS Raleigh Chapter is one of approximately 50 MAS chapters across the US. MAS Chapters carry a comprehensive, balanced, moderate, movement oriented vision of Islam in America that focuses on empowering the community and leadership through service. MAS members have been serving the community in the greater Raleigh area for many years.
- To present the message of Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims, and promote understanding between them,
- To encourage the participation of Muslims in building a virtuous and moral society,
- To offer a viable Islamic alternative to many of our society’s prevailing problems,
- To promote family values in accordance with Islamic teaching,
- To promote the human values that Islam emphasizes: brotherhood, equality, justice,
mercy, compassion, and peace, and
- To foster unity among Muslims and Muslim organizations and encourage cooperation
and coordination amongst them.
- By establishing an effective genuine positive relevant engagement of our American society by being principled, abiding by the law of the land, mending the shortcomings of the society and producing proactive solutions to the conditions of the society through wisdom and compassion.
- Build Muslim role models who exemplify Islam in a manner which is
- Mobilize them to bear this message through:
- Qur’an-guided reform
- The methodology of the prophet (PBUH)
- Community Education/training & Services
- An invigorating, dynamic organization whose members are the exemplary citizens of
the society and which programs are the programs of development and growth of the
community as a whole.
- Rooting (Tawteen):
- Making ourselves and our Deen known
- Contributing to the betterment of the society
- Empowerment of individual and community:
- Crafting the message
- Preparing the messengers
- Offer the models of individual, family, and communal life