The outreach department of MAS Raleigh Chapter is striving to contribute to the welfare of the whole community by extending Muslim citizens’ volunteer efforts and assistance to people in need, regardless of their ethnicity or religion.
The Outreach Department has the following duties…
Inter-Religious and public education:
- Establishing relationships/coalitions and activities with ‘interfaith’ communities and faith-based institutions including churches, synagogues, etc.
- Educate the other religious communities about Islam and Muslims (presentations, shared
- Educates the general public about Islam, Muslims and MAS through different educational
means (presentations, seminars, open houses, workshops, etc.)
- The vision for this organization is to spread the correct understanding of Islam and MAS
to ‘every fellow citizen.’
Social and community services:
- Educate and lead the Muslim community to offer volunteer activities to fight poverty, hunger, call for affordable housing, etc.
- Offer relief whenever needed according to our (and the Muslim community’s) means.
- The vision of this organization is to channel the Muslim community’s contribution to the welfare of the society at large (regardless of faith, non-Muslims and Muslims).